Silane PEG acid, Silane-PEG-COOH
Ethoxy or methoxyl silane functionalized polyethylene glycol, silane PEG (PEG-Si) is a surface reactive PEG derivative that can be used to modify glass, silica and other surfaces via the reaction between hydroxyl group and ethoxyl/methoxyl silane. Pegylation can greatly suppress the non-specific binding of charged molecules to the modified surfaces. And they have wide applications for medica device, biomems or biocompatible material development.
- Off-white/white solid or viscous liquid depends on molecule weight;
- Soluble in regular aqeous solution as well as most organic solvents;
- Store at -20 0C, desiccated. Silane PEG tends to hydrolyze from moisture. Avoid frequent thaw and frozen.
Generally, silane PEG is first dissolved in a mixture of ethanol/water solution, then allow the solution to contact with oxidized glass or silica surface for 30 min to 2 hours. Under this condition, silane PEG should bind to the material covalently.
- Pegylation solution: Ethanol/water (w/w, 95%/5%);
- Silane PEG stock solution, 10~50 mg/mL in pegylation solution, prepare in fresh.
- Washing solution: Distilled water.
1. Dissolve targeted materials in Pegylation buffer.
2. Add silane PEG stock solution to the targeted conjugation materials with the final concentration keep at least 10 mg/mL. 10~50 molar excess of silane PEG needed for optimal conjugation;
3. Allow mixture agitates at room temperature for 30 min at room temperature or 2 hours at 4 -20 0C.
4. Wash out unreacted materials either by distilled water.